RE:GEN by Energym is an indoor fitness bike that captures and converts human power into clean electricity able to charge electronic devices.
The Energym engineering and product design team has spent 2-years developing the technology alongside some of the country’s top universities.
The RE:GEN captures the power generated during a workout and then stores it inside a 100Wh battery called the Ohm. Once the user has finished exercising, the Ohm is unclipped from the bike and ready to start charging electronic devices.
The average workout generates between 170Wh and 230Wh, which is enough to charge your Ohm fully, to allow you to charge:
– A MacBook PRO 13″ – 2.6 times
– An iPhone 12 – 8 times
– An iPad PRO – 4 times
The standard Ohm has both USB-C (100w) and USB A (36w) charging. A snap-on power extender enables it to charge up to 4 devices simultaneously.
- During each workout, the Ohm turns into a personal power meter displaying Functional Threshold Power (FTP) as a five-color zoning system making it easier to see how well a rider is performing.
- Resistance is controlled digitally.
- It’s compatible with Zwift – the at-home cycling game and training platform.
- Energym’s partnership with Sweatcoin means that users can earn rewards for the workouts they do, providing an incentive to exercise regularly and more consistently.
- Energym’s app uses AI technology to build tailored workouts, making it easier to stay consistent and to set and smash personal fitness goals.
- The RE: GEN’s tri-axis aluminum and steel frame has a soft-padded saddle, micro-adjustable handlebar, and moveable tablet screen holder.